Front-End Technical Lead – Cheshire – £50-60k
* Ecommerce is your trade and Magento Enterprise is your toolset of choice.
* The words “site down” fill you with dread. Having worked consistently on sites with huge order volumes you recognise the financial implication of every minute of lost revenue in a multi-million (insert currency here) business. You’ll do everything you can to make sure the code isn’t at fault if outages occur.
* Internationalisation and localisation are challenges you’ve already mastered.
* You’re the “go to guy/gal” when everyone else hits a dead end in complex Magento debugging. You’ve yet to see something you can’t fix or identify a workaround for.
* It pains you to see code which breaks best practice (particularly with regards to readability and performance).
* You know the common pain points in Magento and how to work around them. You may even have developed some community modules to negate these.
* Sometimes you realise that Magento is not the right tool for the job, you can articulate to technical and non-technical audiences why this is the case. Integrating to a third party or creating a bespoke solution is the right thing to do, obviously you can do this too.
* HTML markup and best practice
* PHP for theming purposes
* Compilation (e.g. SASS/Less)
* Grid systems
* CLI Tools (e.g. Grunt, Gulp)
* Frameworks/Libraries (e.g jQuery, Angular, React)
* Ajax/JSON techniques
* Best Practice (e.g. Accessibility, Internationalisation and industry standards)
* Responsive and Adaptive Design
* Ability to transform designs into clean CSS and semantic markup
* Developing custom Magento themes
* Performance improvements
* Design principles (e.g DRY/SOLID)
* System Integrations (e.g. Google APi via JS)
* Version Control (VCS)
* Advanced usage of VCS (e.g. rebase, cherry picking)
* HTTP Protocol
* Response codes
* Performance Optimisation
* Website Profiling
* Asset/content optimisation
* Browser dev tools
* Full software lifecycle
* SQL Injection
* PCI Compliance
* Automated testing
* Browser automation (e.g Selenium)
* Design tools (e.g. Photoshop)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a major player in the ecommerce solutions market. You will work with an incredibly talented team across large, highly visable projects for big-brand clients.