Full-Stack PHP Developer – Manchester – £35-40k
Highly successful digital agency, based in Manchester city centre, is looking for a Full-Stack PHP Developer to join their team and support the Lead Developer across all large-scale projects.
You will thrive on the challenge of complex and innovative digital projects, working across multiple platforms. You’ll have a wide range of hands-on technical abilities, ideally combined with good communication skills and the determination to overcome whatever technical challenges arise along the way. Most importantly, you will possess the motivation to take ownership of solutions and deliver great quality work on time, with minimal bugs.
The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys technology, almost to the point of it being a hobby, and is always learning and keeping up with the latest web/tech developments.
* Responsive website development
* Experience with PHP & MySQL
* Experience with WordPress theme development and as a content management framework
* Experience with Linux as a command-line interface
* Experience with code versioning e.g. Gitlab
* Experience of Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite
* Experience of using industry standard social APIs e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Maps.
* An understanding of server side deployments
* Ability to be able to test the build and bug fix before handing over to the test team
* Comfortable at writing own developer plans and hitting delivery deadlines
* Experience with writing custom WordPress plugins
* Experience writing standards compliant code to WCAG 2.0
* Knowledge of Google Analytics including the setting up of tracked actions
* CSS scripting frameworks (e.g. SASS/SCSS)
* Advanced knowledge of PHP to build REST API applications
* Ability to write technical specifications as required
You will have the support of a very talented team and a great mentor in the Technical Director, whose experience is very impressive. The agency operates a relaxed culture and have a very low staff churn.